torstai 17. marraskuuta 2011

Graphic production

I am not actually a graphician. I did some pixel-bending around 90s, but after that my graphic production has mostly been cropping and adjusting a couple of photos. Since I currently don't have anyone else working for the project, I have started making some ok-ish placeholder graphics by myself. I would like the game to have a hand-drawn feeling in it, so I aquired an Intuos4 pad, so I can actually use a pen interface. After a couple of hours of work, I have made some "good enough for now"-level images. It is not too hard, but drawing everything by hand takes really a lot of time.

I have never got into Photoshop. It has felt way too complicated and all the functionality is hidden somewhere. So currently I am using MyPaint for the paint job and paint.net for editing. Crappy combo, I know, but they are rather easy to learn to use.

Since After Now Archeology is heavily based on real stuff, I am doing quite a lot of re-drawing old maps, photos etc. Not too hard - I have rather good eye for shapes, but my color eye is blind. Even if I use color picker to pick the colors from the original pics, my graphics feel somewhat dull. Maybe I need to add more contrast and sharper edges. But for now, I just make some placeholders, since the graphical production is not in the focus of my work. I guess after some months of working with the game, my graphics will be much better.

Or then I just get someone to help me with them.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti